Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Run on

Into week3 of phase II of the Jack Daniels 5-15k Training Plan. Long view- its month 1 of a 7.5+ month trek to Boston.

Today's workout 3 x 10 minutes LT pace w/ 3 minute recovery jogs. Another challenging workout-in fact they are all tough, challenging workouts, which not only build my physical conditioning but mental fortitude as well. Its not easy-nor should it be. If I want to achieve maximum results, I need to give maximum efforts.

So I try to take them one workout at a time, one week at a time. And inside the workouts, 1 rep at a time, and inside of each rep 1 minute at a time (or even smaller time/ distance increments)

Pace during the LT work bouts averaged about 6:20- a shade slower than what my target of 6:10 would be. But I'm pleased and fine being right there, as my fitness naturally dropped off a bit during the second half of the summer when I was running easy with much reduced volume.

Plus it is still end of the summer in the south like weather, though this morning wasn't too bad with temperatures in the low to mid seventies and tolerable humidity levels

Headed to Colorado-my next run will be between 5,000 and 7,000+ feet tomorrow morning. Eagerly anticipating hitting some familiar trails southwest of Denver again.

Sketching out the next month plus XC workout schedule on notepad before I leave. Lot of reps on Mondays, and endurance on Wednesdays w/ VO2 max intervals thrown in. And more endurance and hills in the CB State Park on non-race Saturdays.

Living the dream. Or trying to. To paraphrase Francis de Sales "desiring to thoroughly be what I am and being very good at that, while bearing the crosses that I may find there.'

Run on friends-

No comments:

Post a Comment