Sunday, July 5, 2015

Targets

220 miles the past 3 weeks. 81/66/74. I The numbers are like art work to me. There can be a  thousand stories behind the numbers. And there is the dedication and perseverance that it takes to hit those numbers. The 5am alarms, two days, heat, humidity, sore legs, tired mind.  I ate steak and red beets with a salad tonight for dinner to kind of top it off. Mission accomplished. Now a cut back week. Perhaps Tri-Span 10k Saturday. Hell-span. Bridges, hills... stifling humidity. The race we local runners love to hate.

Want to read some Joe Vigil. I have been thinking of his quote along the lines of expect nothing of your running and you will get so much more in return.

I sent a message to my fellow coaches that we should let the kids know how proud we are of them, and not focus so much on the results since a trend of late is a few of them getting too upset after races.

Read my Running Times this weekend which reinforced the notion that I (we) need to always be learning, not only in running, but in life. I know from experience, that the worst spot to sometimes be in mentally and perhaps more importantly spiritually... is to feel like I know a lot.

Threshold miles early Saturday morning in Shallotte. 6:21, 6:18, 6:15, plus another quarter mile at low 6 pace. Nice, nice, nice. Felt good about it. Worked for it, but didn't kill myself. Stayed mentally engaged. Physically felt pretty strong

13 miler Sunday morning. Longest run in a while. Need to bump up / add more long runs in lieu of Iron Mountain in two months.

Looking at races up in PA in early August.

Surfing the running waves and digging the ride...



No comments:

Post a Comment