Monday, September 28, 2015

Existential musings

Sometimes I feel like I'm just fast enough to stay a half step ahead of it...

This thing we do, affirms life. It seeks challenges, adventures, the roads less travelled...

We all have our reasons. Our stories. Our raison d'etre.

I closed the Brierwood loop by my Dad's house in a 6:08 mile late Saturday afternoon. Later at dinner I confessed that I did not know why I had run the 5 miler so hard. But perhaps, that's the speed it took at that particular moment in time to stay a half step ahead of it...

I miss my Mom. I will never ever see her again. But I can stay ahead of that...

Regrets, confusion, sadness... life on life's terms. But I can stay ahead of all that too...

Happiness. Joy. Freedom. A sense of purpose and belonging. I can slow down for that if I choose to...

They bury us all in the end anyway right?

Bah. I can laugh and go for a run.

Peace to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment