Monday, June 19, 2017

Soggy fun

Been enjoying the past two runs that I have taken. Not that I don't always enjoy running-but I'm at a point in my running schedule (long term) where I'm easing out of a period of harder training. Less worry about weekly mileage, paces, all those good things we as runners keenly focus on-and more in tune with the aesthetics and simple pleasures of the individual runs.

For instance I got up early this morning to put in some easy miles, predominately in the Carolina Beach State park. Quite humid at 6:30am, and a brief but real heavy downpour swept across the island. The rains slackened as I headed out-first looping a section of the boardwalk adjacent to the beach and the always majestic Atlantic Ocean.

Later I splashed my way through some of the single track trails-enjoying the sights and smells of a sopping wet wilderness which I traipsed through. I had an hour to spend doing that which I love, and was in no particular hurry for it to come to an end. Blessed indeed are those fortunate enough for such daily communions.

As I've said and written before-running in something we can fall in love with time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment